Petição Contra os Recibos Verdes - Assine!

 

Friday, January 07, 2005

A Beautiful Lesson

I learned my ways from a woman who always said,
respect your elders and stay in a child's place.
From a woman who didn't have much to give,
but handed me the world.
From a woman that taught me right from wrong,
and the value of a good belt.

I learned my ways from a woman who taught me to follow my heart,
and lead with my voice.
From a woman who painted the portrait of my childhood with memories of Glen Island
and Grazzin' in the grass.
From a woman who taught me the importance of my opinion,
but let me know she still occupied the thrown.

I learned my ways from a woman who wore her strength on her sleeve,
but let me know that it was ok to wear a tank top.
From a woman who fed me with the fruits of her branches,
and gave me shade from her leaves.
I learned my ways from a woman whose beauty surpasses all knowledgewe have of the word.
I learned my ways from a woman who taught me the importance of beautiful words.
So mom these words are for you.


(Autor Desconhecido)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home